Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thing #16

Hurray for wiki's! What a great idea. You don't know how many times "us counselor people" will have questions about different things. Take for example, the dreaded gifted and talented screening. Some sweet person will have a question about something and will send out an e-mail to all the counselors. Within a few minutes, several counselors will have responded with their interpretation of the correct answer. Now, if we could figure out some way to "wiki" the answer, we would have a variety of answers in the same place all on one document. (and there is where I am confused....how do you get a wiki started in the first place? I get the "save" and "edit" business. I don't get how you get the original "wiki" started. I must have missed that somewhere!)
Again, today, I had problems watching the video. The video kept stopping and starting all over from the beginning..frustrating.
I did like Thing 16. I am a big wikipedia fan. My boys use wikipedia all the time. I am so "computer with it" I can hardly stand it. I have come a LONG way from Thing #1!!!!
Let me find some blogs to comment on!

1 comment:

Grendel said...

You really have come a long way! Congratulations! I am still trying to perfect my "wiki-bility," too! I have spent hours on my wikis, but I am getting better. I want to learn how to do this really well because there are so many usaes for it in my work!