Sunday, June 8, 2008

Thing #7

I am now all about Google-ing! My crazy husband, Jim, has been after me for months to use the Google calendar. I like the old fashioned way of writing things on the kitchen calendar. As of a few minutes ago, all the Birdsong activities for this week are on the Google calendar. I will say I am exhausted all ready just thinking of all the stuff on the calendar. I know there will be more activities added as the week goes on, but it would be nice (and make life easier) to be able to check the "home" calendar at school next year. The Google calendar will also make it easier to argue with my husband when he says "I didn't know you were going to Thomas' football practice and I was suppose to pick up Louis at Spring Forest!" I will be able to say "You should have checked the Google Calendar!" And again, I can see how the Google calendar will help me stay on top of my game when it's time to head back to work.
I will use the Google Scholar in working with students at school next year. I fooled around with it today and got some great information on childhood depression, test-taking anxiety, and childhood eating disorders. It's nice to have valuable information at your fingertips when you need it.

1 comment:

VWB said...

congrats on making the move to the online calendar! I share one at work, but have not broken away from my paper calendar YET for my self..but that is my goal this year...become "secure" about letting go...