Friday, June 20, 2008

Thing #18

Eureka! I am a happy library playround camper again. While the rollyo "thing' sent me straight to a bottle of aspirin, I completely understand this "thing" and will use it. I watched the You Tube video (I do like those videos!) and have signed up for the Google docs. I can think of two ways I will use the google docs this year. Another staff member and I coordinate all the volunteers on our campus. We are forever updating volunteer data on several excel spreadsheets via many e-mails with lots of enclosures. I will share the google doc information with her and our volunteer job will become much easier. Another way I will use the information learned in this "thing" will be similar to the example used in the You Tube video. We have a school newspaper. Our school secretary is responsible for reminding everyone to turn in their articles and the articles also have to be translated. If I can get everyone on the Google Docs train, our newspaper jobs will also become a breeze. We can take care of lots of jobs at the same time without 33 e-mails back and forth.
I am officially letting go off my rollyo frustrations. I have found my computer nirvana for today in Google docs.

1 comment:

VWB said...

you discovered one of the most important lessons of this whole experience...not every resource is a good fit for your needs...and it is ok that you tested/tried some and will move on to other Things! No one will end up with 23 new tools in her/his toolbox...but everyone will have had exposure to to them!