Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing #21

Whoa, Nelly! This is a VERY advanced "thing"! It took me 3 days and the entire Birdsong clan working together to make this podcast dream come true. My oldest son would not participate in the podcast. He was on his last good nerve about 3 hours ago when I finally figured out the Audacity thing. The Birdsong crew was also very supportive with the microphone crisis. 1st we had a microphone that would not work, then we found a new one, then I put it down somewhere and couldn't find it for 2 days. Where was it? In the laptop suitcase!
The beauty of this whole "thing" is that I did it, even if the whole family had to help. Could I make another podcast? You know, I think I could. I think I've taken Audacity to places it's never been before and maybe we both learned something. I also know that both Louis and Thomas Birdsong now know how to make a podcast too, so we all learned something.
I am pretty proud of myself that I got this "thing" done. Find a comfortable chair to listen to....
My podcast

4 comments:

Jodi Pendarvis said...

Hehe...I love it that your whole family got involved. One of the things I've enjoyed about this whole 23 Things thing is that I'VE gotten to teach my kiddo some new technology stuff instead of the other way around...making me an uber-cool mom!

Hebrews 13:2 said...

judi b-song...
First, let me say that you did a great job on your "Podcast"...I read one of your postings about your wish of clocking in and out for the "23 Things"...Well, I kept track of my time in 15 minute increments...I'm starting "Thing #22" today...So far, I've spent 117
hours and 45 minutes completing the various "discovery activities" and I have to admit, that it has been worth every second...Now, I know what some of my students have been up to on their computers...I think that I may qualify for the "Dunce Trophy".

LauraAnn said...

Judy, I read your post before I even attempted the podcast, and I have to admit that your positive tone gave me hope that even I could complete the task!

I have been working on it since 5:30 this morning (now 7:18), and although it is not perfect (not even close)I am somewhat pleased with the whole process.

Overall mine pales in comparison to your presentation - I couldn't get my husband or cat to participate!
:.)

Elizabeth said...

I'm STILL laughing! Ty is in here with me too -- we got a kick out your Podcast ... in a GOOD way, Mrs. Judy B. :)

Thanks for the inspiration. If I closed my eyes, I could almost hear you saying the morning announcements in that oh-so-calm voice of yours. Good times.