Monday, June 9, 2008

Thing #8

RSS feeds...Oh me! Oh my! I now have a google reader account. I did sign up for 5 blog sites. I think 5 is too many. Between checking my home and school e-mail, figuring out how to use my new school lap top (we got our laptops in May!), and getting busy on my 23 things, I hardly have time to do the laundry! (Rats!)
I like the fact that you have up-to-the-minute information. Like I learned in the RSS tutorials, the beauty of the RSS feeds is that the information comes to you rather than you searching for the info. I am not sure how I can use this technology at work. I did not have much luck tracking down RSS feeds that have to do with counseling. I will keep looking. I will use the sports info on one of my feeds to talk sports with the Birdsong boys.
I could see how the RSS feeds would be helpful in libraries...another source of information for students and staff. Marvelous!
What will we learn on the playground next? I just can't wait. Really!

1 comment:

Double Learner said...

I agree with you on trying to keep up with everything. The one thing I do like is the information coming to me.