Friday, June 20, 2008

Thing #17

Rollyo. Another snappy idea. All the places on the web you go to all the time, now centrally located in one special place, on your own search engine. I appreciate the idea, I really do...but here is the problem. How many passwords, usernames and other things can one person remember? How many websites can we belong to? I think this is a super idea for someone who searches lots of search engines all day long. Me? If I need info from webmd.org, I just type it in and go there. It takes me less than 5 seconds to type the website address in and I don't have to remember a username or password. I do see how rollyo may be benenficial to some people (and maybe one day that someone might be me) but for now rollyo just doesn't do it for me.

Remember that cute commercial a few years ago that showed this very tired guy on a computer and the computer says. "You have reached the end of the internet. Please go back." Today, I feel like I'm there.

I did create my own search engine at Rollyo and I promise I will use it at least 10 times next year. judybsongssearch

No comments: